This is for ariaes/Rissa who asked for some Coloring/PS tips, particularly the cartoon/anime kind. :) My coloring is VERY simple, I like to think, so these are hopefully easy to understand. I was going to put up a tutorial but tumblr froze and ugh I just didn’t want to do it again lol laziness! So I figured the next best thing was psds? I was planning on doing this a long time ago but, again, lazy. Most of these PDS are old work that I have put up here so please keep that in mind. Anyway besides the PSDS, I also have some other tips for Rissa:
- Focus on that one color that you really want to bring out, or in this case if it’s everything, then make sure you use Selective Color to make it pop out.
- Chill on the contrast. Curves is good for this but even the smallest adjustment on curves can make such a big change. I have a big beef with picspams that have such intense contrast. Hurts mah eyes.
- If coloring multiple caps, don’t be lazy and color them one at a time.
- Make sure you don’t resize your image and then color it. To me that does not bring out the best results. Instead do it the other way around, color your image first and then resize it to the size you want (in this case something that will fit Tumblr’s width limit or something.) It blends the pixels and your colors so much better.
- Have fun and I hope these help!
- PLEASE DO NOT COPY THEM AS THEY ARE. Experiment!
- links: [ one ] [ two ] [ three ] [ four ] [ five ]